Thursday, March 8, 2012

8 March - Adelaide


Woke up to another sunny day today and decided to go into the city for a look around Rundle Mall. After a very nice lunch in the Regent Arcade we split up to check out the goodies. On a visit to Adelaide a few years ago Mark came across an artist called Andy Salvanos playing the Chapman Stick (a 10 string guitar which is played by tapping the strings) and brought me back one of Andy's CD's which I enjoyed a lot. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I came across Andy playing in the mall again. I was able to have a bit of a chat with him and bought another CD.


Andy is a great exponent of this incredible instrument and there are a number of YouTube videos of him including this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWUHr_BURdk

Back to the caravan in the afternoon for some relaxing and gin and tonics before heading of to Westfield to see a movie called Hugo - one of the best I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment